Admission Criteria

Admissions to any Ren Ci’s facility is strictly by referral through the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), a centralised government agency that monitors the availability of beds across all ILTC (Intermediate and Long Term Care) facilities in Singapore. The AIC helps families look for suitable care options in Singapore.


Expand All


+ Nursing Home / Chronic Sick Unit / Respite Care

For admissions to a (non-private) VWO nursing home, you will need to consult a social worker at the hospital or polyclinic, and they would be able to assist you in submitting an application to AIC. Please note that a copy of the total household income (where the applicant is registered under) and identification are required for the application. Subsidies for bed charges are subject to the result of a Household Means-Test. This excludes medication and other necessary medical procedures.

Please click Singapore Silver Pages to read more about the various types of eldercare services available.

Additional Info on Respite Care: Requests for extension will be evaluated by AIC on a case-by-case basis. An example of an extension request is when the primary caregiver, who is seeking medical treatment, is unable to recover in time.


+ Outpatient Therapy

To register for services offered under Outpatient Therapy, you will need to obtain a referral from a doctor. You may approach any doctor to obtain a written memo.

+ Comparison Chart of DRC and Outpatient Therapy Services

Not sure which service should you or your loved one register for? Find out what is the difference between DRC and Outpatient Therapy services: