Personal Data Protection Act
We Respect and Keep Your Data Safe
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably in serving you. As a voluntary welfare organisation in the intermediate and long-term care sector, we respect and keep your data safe by:
• limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes,
• conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have access to your data, and
• removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
Serving You as a Healthcare Institution
When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we will share relevant data with them through trusted information systems like the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system. We may use your personal data to invite you to participate in care programmes suited for you.
In addition, we will also share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
• review healthcare policies and requirements,
• review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
• conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and
• train future generations of healthcare professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA.
For general information on Personal Data Protection, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) website
For any enquiries or feedback about our personal data protection policies and practices, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Ren Ci Hospital
71 Irrawaddy Road, Singapore 329562
Telephone: 6385 0288